Air India, a Tata Group-owned airline, unveiled a contemporary new model id and new plane livery that seize the essence of a daring new India, marking a milestone in its Vihaan.AI transformation of the nationwide establishment right into a nationwide inspiration.
The new look reimagines the long-lasting Indian window form, traditionally utilized by Air India, right into a gold window body that turns into central to the new model design system – symbolising a ‘Window of Possibilities’.
Air India’s new emblem image – ‘The Vista’ – is impressed by the height of the gold window body, signifying limitless prospects, progressiveness, and the airline’s daring, assured outlook for the longer term.
Air India’s brand-new plane livery and design contains a palette of deep crimson, aubergine, and gold highlights, in addition to a chakra-inspired sample. It additionally boasts a hanging new custom-made ‘Air India Sans’ font, marrying confidence with heat to place Air India as premium, inclusive, and accessible.
Campbell Wilson, Air India CEO & MD, stated: “Our transformative new model displays an ambition to make Air India a world class airline serving visitors from across the globe, and that represents a new India proudly on the worldwide stage.
“The new Air India is bold, confident, and vibrant, but also warm and deeply rooted to its rich history and traditions that make Indian hospitality a global benchmark for standards in service.”
Designed in partnership with the model transformation firm, FutureBrand, the long-lasting new model id combines Air India’s superb previous with its drive to purpose for excellence and innovate for the longer term, making a standout model design for a premium international airline with an Indian coronary heart.
Travellers will start to see the new emblem all through their journey beginning December 2023, when Air India’s first Airbus A350 enters the fleet within the new livery.
“Colours, patterns, shapes and how they come together and what they represent matter, but our actions speak so much louder. We are in the midst of a total transformation to reimagine the role of India’s flagship airline”, Wilson stated.
Air India is making important investments all through the visitor expertise to raise its service and to strengthening its place as the popular airline for travellers flying to, from, and inside India:
- Air India has confirmed historic buy agreements to accumulate 470 plane from Airbus and Boeing at US$70 billion (primarily based on printed checklist costs), with deliveries of the new plane beginning November this yr.
- The transformation of Air India’s fleet has already begun with the airline leasing and shopping for 20 widebody plane this yr. A US$400 million programme to fully refurbish the interiors of its legacy fleet of 43 widebody plane commences mid-2024, which is able to result in the set up of brand-new seats in each cabin, new inflight leisure programs, and inflight Wi-Fi web connectivity. By March 2024, 33% of the airline’s widebody fleet might be upgraded, and over the following two-and-a-half years, its whole long-haul fleet might be reborn.
- Air India has launched a new web site and cellular app, providing a considerably improved net expertise with new digital instruments and options.
- The provider can even launch a new “open all hours, every day” buyer contact centre in 9 Indian and overseas languages by the top of this yr, in addition to a fully redesigned loyalty program in early 2024 that can allow 1000’s of new redemption prospects.
- The airline is investing in constructing fully new lounges at Delhi and New York JFK airports, having not too long ago introduced a world lounge community growth, attaining 100% lounge entry protection for premium clients in any respect locations in its worldwide route community.
- Air India has now welcomed greater than 5,000 new workers, together with 3,200 Cabin Crew and almost 1,000 Cockpit Crew, who’re serving to to drive the cultural transformation going down on the coronary heart of Air India. It can also be closely investing in constructing one of many world’s largest aviation coaching academies in India that can upskill an enormous variety of aviation professionals.